➵ Why I don’t drink alcohol.....because I get asked this all of the time.
- I don’t trust myself with it.
- I will never get drunk.
- I will never get a DUI because I thought I was invincible when I had a bit too many.
- I will never say anything in a drunken rage.
- Let’s say wine was made the same way today that is was when Jesus was here... because I always have to hear, “but Jesus drank wine.” Yeah, He did, but I don’t come close to Jesus. A man without sin and it was because of MY sins that He was nailed to a cross.
- I will never become addicted to it.
- I would prefer to eat my calories in donuts and not drink them! Ha!
- It’s a depressant and I don’t want to get depressed.
- It reduces your ability to think rationally.
- It distorts your judgement.
- It can easily seduce you and before you know it, control you.
- I saw someone put a gun to their head in a drunken rage. When I looked at them, I didn’t see “them.” Scared me.
- It destroys so many marriages/families.
- I don’t NEED it.
- It’s a great conversation starter! Haha!
- I will never wake up on a bathroom floor not remembering what I did the night before.
- It’s a great testimony for the Lord before the world.
I would also like to add that it is not a sin to drink alcohol. I do know people who drink it as a beverage and that’s it. I don’t think I could be one of those people. I am always double/triple fisting drinks. I can easily down whatever beverage I am drinking so I wouldn’t want to imagine what I would do if I allowed myself to drink alcohol. ➵ #soulchaser